Tuesday, July 17, 2007

28 Days

I just finished watching a movie called 28 Days, in which Sandra Bullock plays a person sentenced to drug and alcohol rehab. Its a feel good movie, I highly recommend it to you. Check out the user comments in that link.

What really amazed me was how intensely I experienced the movie. Especially when it not really the genre of movie that I would normally watch. Before I knew it the movie was already over, and I'd spent the last couple of hours absolutely glued to the screen! How do they do that! Kinda like The Weatherman that I recently reviewed.

I guess it helps that Sandra Bullock is easy on the eyes, but there was so much more to it than that. I've seen other movies shes been in and they didn't leave me feeling so deeply affected. Even more, it was in a positive way I think. Recently her movies have plots that are - if not necessarily inspirational - about being gentle with other peoples stories I guess. Seems to me that this was managed without the rosy colored glasses too. Movies this rare show how much of an art is involved in telling good stories.

PS: I don't really want to know exactly how they catch our attention that way, I'm prepared to just accept it as cool thing :)

No comments: