Monday, March 19, 2007

The wheels on the car go round and round...

..except when they get boosted from your car parked in your own driveway! This is exactly what happened on Saturday night to my flatmate!

I got up on Sunday morning and got DJ up, did the normal breakfast things, then for some odd reason went to check the mail... I know, I know, no mail on Sunday lol! As I walk out the front door, I think thats odd, theres too much daylight under the car. After looking a bit closer one of the wheels is ... square!


Um... not good. But wait theres more! The other wheel on that side is gone too, and after walking round the car, so are the rest! Three wheels on blocks, and the last on a new looking jack left behind!

"Hey buddy... come check this out." I call.

"Should I be worried?" he yelled back from the other side of the house.

"Umm... ...yeah."

Took him a couple of moments to figure out, then his jaw drops and he doesn't say much for a couple of moments. Of course this is followed by a few loud, four letter phrases, and then a few more. They even took the wheel nuts and the brace for the jack, which was sitting under the fourth corner of the car.

Anyway, suffice to say that he contacted the police. They told him to visit the station to make a report, and sadly they said that there was nothing they could do. Its not like the wheels had serial numbers on them or anything I guess. Its a shame though that they didn't take the time to visit and check for prints or anything else. The car was very carefully left on the blocks well off the ground.

Not only that, for some obscure reason they not only entered the car, but snapped the entire ignition barrel off, and took away all the debris! I mean, tidy theives? Who knew!


Another thing that bugs me is that this car was clearly set up for a wheelchair user. As his main form of transport, he is now stranded until he can sort out insurance and all the other things that go with replacing expensive nicked items.

To the well organized tossers who so carefully chose an early hour of the morning to do this job, SHAME ON YOU!

No comments: